Search our site
Previous Page | Next Page
Author « Topic »
Page: of 9

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2021 :  15:14:52  
Sorry from page http://www.mooseintl.com/proddetail.php?prod=3630 i wish to go back to page http://www.mooseintl.com/products.php?cat=54
This would be the page with all the products in the sub category if I use the code <a href="http://www.mooseintl.com/products.php?cat=?"></a> I end up on the page with all 420 products instead of the page with just the products in the sub category.
If this is not what you need to give me the code i need I will email you screen shots of the pages i want
Thanks again
Vince

Vincent Tumeo

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10289 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2021 :  15:20:52  
Hi Vincent, there is no code (needed) for that.
The breadcrumb does exactly that with no modifications.
But again, when I looked at your store before, you had added some code the the category names in an attempt to hide your breadcrumb.
Have you gone into the admin, and removed that so your category names are plain text with no HTML?

I believe it's likely this is the problem with getting the breadcrumbs back working.
Again, no code needed for breadcrumbs to do exactly what you are asking.

Thanks,
David

Edited by - dbdave on 04/20/2021 15:21:17

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2023 :  06:11:58  
breadcrumbs are not the problem I accidentally deleted the icon for the subcategory and I cannot remember how I placed the icon on the sub category if you got o www.mooseintl.com click on categories then click on the icon for Tomtar on the page that comes up shows five sub categories i deleted the icon for rings how do I put the icon back and link it to the products under it

Vincent Tumeo

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2023 :  02:01:46  
Hi Vincent
In the style sheet css/style.css around line 73 you have this...

div.catnavandcheckout {
display: none;
}

If you remove that your breadcrumb navigation will appear again.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2023 :  08:42:38  
What you suggest did not work. Here is yhe url for th page I am concerned about http://www.mooseintl.com/categories.php?cat=4 on that page you will see several categories each linked to a separate category. The blank spot in the beginning of the second row should have a blue icon that says rings. It was there and I accidentally deleted id it and I cannot remember how I put it on that page can you tell me how to put it back on . I really feel dumb right now thak you

Vincent Tumeo

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10289 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2023 :  14:15:27  
Hi Vincent, you commented it out.

quote:
<!--Rings votive c-h, M-->

Likely (I suppose) you did this in the admin under that category.

Have you considered adding images to the categories and products? The site looks quite plain in my opinion.

David

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2023 :  01:45:06  
The site DOES look plain. The client is a whole seller the only customers are his retailers. He only wants a plain site for his retailers to be able to oder for their stores. He receives many orders in excess of $10,000 so he is happy his clients are happy and I get paid well for my service I guess that makes this a win win win. What do you think?

Vincent Tumeo

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10289 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2023 :  06:20:11  
Hi Vincent, it sure sounds like a good thing to me.

David

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2023 :  05:39:12  
is there a way to make a dummy product (invisible) I have one described in admin however it shows the price under it like the other visible products I want to make the price for the invisible product invisible and leave the price for the visible products. Any ideas on how to do this

Vincent Tumeo

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10289 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2023 :  08:24:07  
If you want to hide the product from the front end of the site, but still have it available in the back end, just "untick" the display button in the admin for that product.

David

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2023 :  12:00:11  
it IS NOT WHAT i WANT TO DO i HAVE THE INVISIBLE PRODUCT DEVELOPED AND CLASSIFIED. i DO NOT WANT IT AVAILABLE ANY WHERE ITS TO DIVIDE DIFFERENT PRODUCTS IN THE TABLE, right NOW WHEN i PLACE IT IN A CATEGORY IT SHOWS THE PRICE UNDER IT LIKE THE VISIBLE PRODUCTS i DO NOT NEED THE PRICE TO SHOW IS THERE A WAY TO PLACE THE INVISIBLE PRODUCT AND NOT HAVE THE PRICE SHOW FOR THE DUMMY PRODUCT AND STILL HAVE THE PRICE SHOW FOR THE VISIBLE PRODUCTS

Vincent Tumeo

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10289 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2023 :  12:55:15  
Hi Vincent, I think you will need to explain a bit further.
If it's an invisible product, how can it show on the website?

If you can elaborate a bit more on what you want to do, it may help.

Thanks,
David

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1875 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2023 :  02:28:26  
You can target specific fields in a product on the front end using CSS. Each product has an ID that matches the pID.
In your CSS, you would place div.thepID div.prodprice {display:none;}
This would be the pID of the product you want to hide the price

This all assumes I am understanding your post, though what you appear to want to do makes no sense.

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2023 :  03:51:17  
I can understand why you think it makes no sense. here is the reason. My client has a number of categories and each category has many images what we are attempting to do is put each set of product ids on separate lines. ie product has only three images in the set and the next set has five we are placing the set with only three on one line the the set with five on the next line by itself the invisible product would fill out the line with the set of three and start the next group on a separate line,example
123xx
9 10 xxx
I hope this makes more sense

Vincent Tumeo

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10289 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2023 :  07:10:05  
Marshall, yes that would normally work, but all of his products begin with a number, and css classes cannot start with a number, so that's futile.
quote:
You can target specific fields in a product on the front end using CSS. Each product has an ID that matches the pID.
In your CSS, you would place div.thepID div.prodprice {display:none;}
This would be the pID of the product you want to hide the price

Hi Vincent, It's likely there are other ways to do this, than creating hidden products.
I suppose this is on the products page, no?
Can you post the URL to an example page?

Thanks,
David

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2023 :  18:10:30  
http://www.mooseintl.com/products.php?cat=51
You will note the two bulbs in the first row I wish to start the second row with product 2726 I do not need the price for the three blank spots on row one, I hope this helps

Vincent Tumeo

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10289 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2023 :  19:00:42  
Hi Vincent, thanks for he clarification.
I can't see a way to do that, but really you could not fully control that anyway as you have media queries in the css file that forces the changes in the rows as the page is viewed on smaller screens such as tablets and smartphones.
Try moving your screen width in to see what I mean.

Thanks,
David

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2023 :  10:10:08  
I placed the code you suggested using he pid for the product in question in the style sheet and in the ectstyle. However there was no effect on he price in the site what did i do wrong or not in thr correct place

Vincent Tumeo

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10289 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2023 :  11:06:25  
Hi Vincent, I suppose you are referring to the suggestion from Marshall and as you can see in my reply, under that post, I pointed out that will not work because all of your product ID's start with a number.
CSS classes do not work if they begin with a number. ( https://benfrain.com/when-and-where-you-can-use-numbers-in-id-and-class-names/ )

If you want to give this dummy product a product ID that begins with a letter (A2726 for example) then Marshall's suggestion will work.

David

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2023 :  12:14:54  
Thanks for the help it worked

Vincent Tumeo
Page: of 9 « Topic »  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000