Author « Topic »  

Bob DePino
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/20/2021 :  18:35:32  
I'm trying to set up my test website within the 30 day trial period and I'm running into issues.
One issue is reordering of menus.
While it is assumed that there is limited functionality, I was wondering how you can reorder the list of product menus.
I have downloaded the categoryinventor.csv file and figured out that sectionOrder is what controls the ordering of categories and sub categories on the dropdown menus and product pages, however there is no way to adjust these (in the control panel).
I tried making a few test order changes and uploading the csv as an update, but it obviously failed not knowing what any of the header fields were.

Is there a way of doing this?
I deal in thousands of items and not being able to rearrange categories is going to be a problem if I purchase the full store hosting.

Thanks
Bob

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7609 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2021 :  06:20:53  
Hi Bob,
Yes you can set the order of the categories from the admin, just go to your category admin > list categories > and from the quick entry drop down choose 'actual order'

See screenshot here - https://paste.pics/EHGEY

Just alter the order from the drop downs on the left
quote:
I deal in thousands of items and not being able to rearrange categories is going to be a problem if I purchase the full store hosting.

There is also a mod available so you can download a category csv file, set the order and re-upload

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

Edited by - Phil on 10/21/2021 06:28:11
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000