Previous Page
Author « Topic »
Page: of 3

Vince
Administrator

42460 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2022 :  15:09:42  
Hi 1234
It sounds like the system is hanging while waiting for the response from Stripe, and I'm not so sure we can do a lot about that. But if you use the version of Stripe where the card details are taken on the Stripe website and just get a couple of abandonments a day, and use the version where you take the card details on your site and get 15 abandonments a day, isn't it a much better idea to take the card number on the Stripe site? For instance, I much prefer to pay on the payment provider site if I don't really know the website I'm purchasing from as that way I'm sure they are not storing my card number in a database. How about switching to the "Stripe site" method and do a comparison for a couple of days?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/21/2022 :  16:16:13  
Thanks Vince. This particular customer was using Safari on a Mac, so it looks like the same thing that was causing the issue in Chrome is still happening with other browsers (at least with Safari anyway). I am wondering if the same resolution that fixed this issue in Chrome can be applied to Safari (and other browsers maybe)?

Vince
Administrator

42460 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2022 :  02:15:13  
Hi 1234
quote:
This particular customer was using Safari on a Mac, so it looks like the same thing that was causing the issue in Chrome is still happening with other browsers (at least with Safari anyway)
This was the key here and I tried with the Object Inspector with a Mac and there was indeed an error which was causing the Mac to simply not submit the form. I've updated your site with the fix and everything seems to be working now on the Mac.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/22/2022 :  16:54:28  
Vince, that is great! I really appreciate that. I like this on-site version of Stripe so I have been very hesitant to switch back to the older version permanently. I'm glad to know the Mac issue has been fixed.

Edited by - 1234 on 12/22/2022 17:21:01
Page: of 3 « Topic »  
Previous Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000