Author « Topic »
Page: of 3

Vince
Administrator

42467 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2022 :  08:19:43  
Hi 1234
quote:
Maybe it is a javascript error as you suggested.?
Ok, I would need to have a run through checkout on your site to see what is happening. On my test site everything is working so I need to try it on yours.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/30/2022 :  08:42:56  
Thanks Vince,

I'm sorry to be so much trouble. I do appreciate your time, and your help on this.

Vince
Administrator

42467 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2022 :  09:01:30  
Hi 1234
It's no trouble at all and I'm glad to help. Just send details of the place I can test this to my email for instance.

Vince

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/31/2022 :  09:43:26  
Thanks Vince! Email sent.

Vince
Administrator

42467 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2022 :  12:09:08  
Hi 1234
I did some digging and what I think is actually happening is that the system is working when using the FireFox browser, but not when using Chrome. As there is no feedback from Stripe in the Console I'm at a bit of a loss as to what is going on so I've written to Stripe support and we'll see if they have any idea.

Vince

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/01/2022 :  12:23:15  
Thanks Vince.

Once again Google Chrome requires extra attention for something that works fine every place else Maybe they have an "Extension" for that.

Hopefully Stripe is already aware of this and can provide some advice.

I do appreciate it! Staying tuned......

Vince
Administrator

42467 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2022 :  05:32:28  
Hi 1234
Stripe are asking for more details now. Are you (or anyone else) able to have a run through checkout and confirm what I have found, that using FireFox you can checkout successfully but only with Chrome it just hangs?

Vince

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2022 :  05:44:13  
Hi Vince,

I've just tried checking out on my own site using Chrome and nothing happens when you attempt to submit after entering card details
You can try it yourself here if like - https://www.bettapages.com/pay-your-bill.php

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

Vince
Administrator

42467 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2022 :  06:40:03  
Hi Phil
I just tried and I get the same, Chrome just hangs but FireFox correctly rejects the card number.

Vince

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2022 :  06:52:34  
Yep, very strange.
I've reverted it back to off site for the moment, but if you need to test again let me know and I'll switch it.

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/03/2022 :  06:47:29  
Vince,

Sorry for the delay. I did try a sample purchase in Firefox and it went through fine. It does nothing in Chrome unfortunately. I haven't tried other browsers like MS Edge, IE, etc so not sure how it works in those...

Vince
Administrator

42467 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2022 :  05:09:20  
Hi All
Stripe came back for more details and say they are still looking into this.

Vince

Vince
Administrator

42467 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2022 :  04:25:54  
Hi All
I'm pleased to say that this is fixed now and you just need a new copy of the inccart.asp/php script from the updater.

Vince

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/09/2022 :  18:53:23  
Vince,

Got it. It seems to be working fine in Chrome now. I will keep it on now and see what happens.

Thank You!

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/29/2022 :  05:52:51  
I received 2 message from customers yesterday evening stating that they entered their credit card information and the page didn't propagate, it just sat and nothing happened. I had to send Strip email invoices for them to complete their purchase. This morning I arrived to find 5 shopping cart abandonments and no complete orders. I made a sample purchase this morning using Google Chrome and the page seemed like it was going to sit for a few seconds and then finally went through to the thanks page. It seems that this method may still not be completely stable (?) If I continue to receive cart abandonments today I will have to switch back to the old deprecated method.

I am wondering if anyone else using this Stripe checkout method has been experiencing any similar issues?

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/29/2022 :  18:23:17  
After a bit more testing I am fairly certain that the Take Payments Onsite Stripe checkout method has stopped working for whatever reason. After receiving the 2 emails from customers yesterday evening informing me that the submit button was not working, as well as the 5 additional cart abandonments that followed (and no successful orders), I switched my Stripe method back to the New SCA-Ready Stripe Checkout. The next 22 orders were successful using the SCA-Ready method. To continue the testing, I switched back to Take Payments Onsite this afternoon and the following 3 orders were cart abandonments.

After these tests today I feel fairly certain that the Take Payments Onsite method is unstable, although I have no idea why or what may have happened to cause it to stop working. I haven't made any changes to my site since implementing the Take Payments Onsite method several weeks ago. For now anyway I have switched back to the New-SCA-Ready Stripe Checkout.

Vince
Administrator

42467 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2022 :  10:47:31  
Hi 1234
I've been trying test transactions with different browsers here and it all seems to be fine. Would it be an idea to get on to Stripe about this? Maybe they had a bit of down time?

Vince

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2022 :  14:27:49  
In addition to what Vince wrote, I would say that if you can put the new version back, and duplicate the issue, while the issue is present, right click in the screen and click "inspect" and then check the "console" for any errors and that may give a clue to the issue.

David

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/02/2022 :  17:32:36  
I'm going to do some more testing with this because I really do like the on-site version of Stripe. The only thing that I've noticed when testing it myself is sometimes the screen will sit for a few seconds before going to the Thanks page. Sometimes it acts as if it isn't going to do anything at all, but then it goes through. It is difficult to get any information from customers that have experienced problems with it. One of the 2 customers that had informed me that the form wasn't working never responded to my inquiry as to which browser he was using at the time. The other customer informed me that she was using Chrome, on a desktop pc but I wasn't able to duplicate the error myself.

I'll switch it back to take payments on-site and continue testing....

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/20/2022 :  14:06:47  
Just an update on this, I was finally able to talk to a shopping cart abandonment customer about why they left the cart (they hardly ever reply to me). This is the reason he left the cart:

"I entered in all my information, including credit card info and hit the bar at the bottom to check out and the bar went from an illuminated blue bar to a faded grey bar and nothing happened....it's like it took it and then nothing."

This customer was using a Mac pc with Safari browser. I am not sure what else can be done about this issue without experiencing the issue myself again, and then clicking "inspect" as David suggested.

I really don't want to have to switch back on the old version of Stripe again, but I receive just as many cart abandonments as I do completed orders on a daily basis (approx 15 abandonments per day).

Edited by - 1234 on 12/20/2022 15:53:47
Page: of 3 « Topic »  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000