Technical
 ASP (Windows server) versions
 Unable to Modify Items
Author « Topic »  

rtandet
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2022 :  11:20:04  
I have recently updated to v. 7.5.3. After I modify an item from the updated database, the response page becomes un-formatted, the item does not update and I am unable to continue on the admin pages. This only happens on some items that were on the database before updating. It does not occur on items posted after the update and does not effect all items. It has nothing to do with the changes as it happens even if I try to save an item without changing anything. I have tried repairing the database twice and also recycled the site to no effect.
I also tried cloning an item and the operation fails with this message: Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression. I can clone a newly created item.

Any ideas on how to correct this issue?

Vince
Administrator

42462 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2022 :  02:46:11  
Hi Rtandet
Why not send the FTP login to my email and I'll see what is up. (vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com)

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Vince
Administrator

42462 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2022 :  10:39:24  
Hi Rtandet
I've found the problem and it was to do with quotes in the Custom Product Fields. I've fixed it now in your site and added the fix to the updater so this won't cause you problems in the future.

Vince

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10272 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2022 :  12:09:02  
Hi Vince, while we are on the topic of custom fields, I would live to be able to have a title tag in the name of my custom fields in the admin, but the tags are being stripped.
Having the ability to add html there, would allow me to add a title tag on a <span> so we can hover of the custom field name and have an explanation of what that field is used for.

Thanks,
David

Vince
Administrator

42462 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2022 :  04:55:33  
Hi David
I guess this is done so that the long, embellished version of the label can be displayed on the products pages but just the bare text version is displayed in the admin. And wouldn't that be a good thing really given that your admin already know what the custom fields are for?

Vince

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10272 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2022 :  08:11:11  
quote:
And wouldn't that be a good thing really given that your admin already know what the custom fields are for?

With the addition of extra custom fields, we are using eight of them in the admin and it can get confusing on what some of them are used for. Some of them have multiple purposes on various products.
If we use too much text in the admin to describe that custom field, it disrupts the layout. So we want to keep the text short there.
So in the admin, I would much prefer this
admincustomlabel4="<span title =""Some really long explanation of what this is for"">Custom 4</span>"
admincustomlabel5="<span title =""Anther really and I mean really long explanation of what this is for"">Custom 5</span>"

over this
admincustomlabel4="Some really long explanation of what this is for"
admincustomlabel5="Anther really and I mean really long explanation of what this is for"

This would keep the admin product page neat, and allow us to hover over the name of the custom field to remember what it's for.
With upwards of ten people working in the admin, not everyone, particularly new users, will recall what these fields are for. Unless we want to disrupt the layout of the admin.

I'm not concerned with the front facing website names of these fields. Just the admin.
My ask, is to allow html tags in the admin names of the custom fields, and stop stripping them. We may want to add styling on some as well.
admincustomlabel4="<span title =""Some really long explanation of what this is for"" style=""color:red;font-weight:bold;"">Custom 4</span>"

Thanks,
David

rtandet
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2022 :  09:59:02  
Thank you for the fix but still not working.
Do I need to apply a new updater on this web site?
Thanks,
Bob

rtandet
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2022 :  10:01:45  
It does work if I remove ' & " from the custom fields.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000