Author « Topic »
Page: of 9

kboy

USA
60 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  08:48:26  
I was going to answer doggg78's question but..... equitableelectronics answered the question perfectly. I have on different occasions emailed WWBrands and receive an inadequate answer in about 3 to 4 days. I can't wait that long for answers. One of my questions to them was if they could improve on listing newly added distributors. They mark a new listing with "NEW" at the end of the distributor's name. I found that having to go through ALL pages over and over, to find them is very time consuming. I suggested having a link listing to these new distributors within date frames. There answer was "Sorry, that's the way it is and is what we have to do". Apparently they are not interested in making improvements to the system. Many of the distributors I emailed either didn't respond or took days......... to answer. I am not being negative but just saying it as I see it. There are a few distributors with product of interest, true, but most of the product niches don't turn me on.

Anyway, I suggest we all stay positive and continue to help each other in finding product or make suggestions. I also would like to suggest that anyone with good sources share this. The market is big enough to handle the competition. In the meantime, I keep on searching for product and when I do I will share the source.

You all have a great day.
Kboy

equitableelectronics
Advanced Member

USA
194 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  15:47:40  
I have found that problem as well. I have contacted them on numerous occasions and only received one response, an inadequate one. I guess I am used to this forum where my Q's are answered ASAP!!!!

[url]http://www.equitableelectronics.com[/url]

Edited by - equitableelectronics on 02/18/2005 15:48:19

Marcia
Starting Member

USA
49 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  16:16:28  
I just stumbled onto [url]www.idropshipper.com[/url]
Has anyone dealt with these people?
Many items very cheap! I found some of their items on other sites...or at least the same picture!
I emailed them for information, but I want to stay away from those dropshippers that charge to 'join' them. I don't know if they do yet.
just curious if anyone has tried them!
Marcia

equitableelectronics
Advanced Member

USA
194 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  16:27:39  
Good idea bringing idropshipper to us, please go to [url]http://www.ripoffreport.com[/url] & type in idropshipper on the right hand side. They have three reports regarding horrible experiences.

-OR- click this link I have provided below which takes you directly to these reports:

[url]http://www.ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=idropshipper&Search=Search[/url]

Edited by - equitableelectronics on 02/18/2005 16:28:18

ksp
Advanced Member

USA
362 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  16:32:48  
LOL, you beat me to it!

v. 4.5.5
php Virtual Silver Ecomm Plus (DWMX)
Macintosh 9.1, IE 5
www.ourfamilyfavorites.com

equitableelectronics
Advanced Member

USA
194 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  16:45:40  

Marcia
Starting Member

USA
49 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  16:45:42  
And here I thought I had a good one!
Will have to keep checking the ripoff site!
Thanks!
Marcia

equitableelectronics
Advanced Member

USA
194 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  16:50:46  
Don't close them out completely, as you never know. Yes this is probably a good sign that they blow, but it could be many other factors such as:

1. Competitors leaving bad remarks
2. Just crappy customers
3. How many happy customers do they have? If they service 1500 people, and only 3 reported? That's pretty good. Or maybe it could mean the other 1497 didn't know about the ripoffreport...

Would I go through them? Probably not as it's a pretty good sign of crap. But you never know, there is a lot of great companies that do good on ripoffreport.

**This message just cancelled itself out I noticed. Didn't mean anything, right?

thepashminawarehouse
Advanced Member

155 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  17:14:25  
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to add in what I knew about idropshipper.

They are just a third party between you and other companies. I know they show the online catalogue off another company called The Wholesale Direct (www.thewholesaledirect.com) . . . From what I hear they are both a waste of time and money.

Just my two cents.

- Daniel

www.thepashminawarehouse.com

equitableelectronics
Advanced Member

USA
194 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  18:03:21  
I think another good addition to this productive forum is shopping forums for purpose of free advertisements. If anyone knows of a good forum, such as dealofday please post to help our members out.

With this said, I ran across a forum, which I listed 1 post & received 3497 hits in 36 hours. After which my post was deleted by the moderator because I was getting abusive responses. They ran a whois on my website & listed my information. The reason I bring this up is we are looking for quality links which accept quality websites such as ours.

In regards to spamming I feel if we can all contribute such forums we should not abuse these by any means as this could be our gravy for free advertising.

Just my two cents

Edited by - equitableelectronics on 02/18/2005 18:08:22

sonjia
Advanced Member

USA
356 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  23:23:57  
Drum rooooollll, and the name of the forum was?

equitableelectronics
Advanced Member

USA
194 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  00:54:59  
LOL, come on Sonjia. I can't tell you because I don't want to create any more problems. Don't worry; it's a forum for video games. The moderators were nice enough to delete the harsh postings so I will be nice enough to keep that pile of crap forum out of this one. Bastards...

Anyways, using this fantastic ASP stats generator I got for free from Aspin.com I am able to track where all my visitors & clicks come from, and what the search queries were as well. Of coarse what search engine or what resolution their screen was or what browser & operating system or what country and the list go on including their IP ADDRESS.

From this I am able to see where my advertising dollars are working and where they are slacking off. Let me tell you Google Adwords kicks the living crap out of Overture. From this, I am seeing quite a few clicks from forum posts so I do think this will be a beneficial venture for all of us if we can put in our own two cents.

**If you are interested in the free ASP Stats Generator I BREIFELY described above please click this link [url]http://www.weppos.com/asg/en/default.asp[/url], I know you'll love it just as much as I do.

sonjia
Advanced Member

USA
356 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  08:53:29  
sigh, I'm a PHP person, but thanks

Jeffro
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1059 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  09:22:45  
Equitable,

I agree with you on your Google vrs. Overture observation.

We dropped Overture altogether about 10 months ago, saw no noticable drop in conversion rates and cut our advertising budget by almost 60%.

For most of our keywords we're getting by on Google for the $0.05 minimum and seeing 20-30% click-through rates! We're lucky in that regard. Combined with the selective Google AdSense placements we started 3 months ago we're now getting our Google advertising 'for free'.

Since I still maintain an Overture account - but it's 'dormant' - I took the opportunity to write them expressing my regrets I couldn't use them any more. I told them their $0.10 minimum is double Google's and they don't provide me any AdSense-like opportunties at all.

There response? They tried to sell me a 'services' deal where one of their consultants would help us improve our conversion rates...

Take care,

Jeffrey

equitableelectronics
Advanced Member

USA
194 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  17:06:23  
Exactly, I had basically the same situation happen to me. Google is the place to go. Although Yahoo is still rated the #1 visited website in the world, Google is by far the best bang for your buck. Hopefully Overture will come around sometime, till then I will continue to direct my business towards the almighty Google.

John Munro

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  16:50:06  
HI

Just read this whole thread and still dont really understand what a dropshipper is and what is the whole point of it. It has certainly caused some discussion here. Could someone be nice and just tell in one paragraph what its all about.

Sorry for being so dim

John

equitableelectronics
Advanced Member

USA
194 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  17:39:39  
Dropshippers or fulfillment centers take your order for you and ships products directly to your customers. They ship products from your name or your company's name. Dropshippers do not include an invoice in the package so your customer will never know how much you paid for the product nor the source where you purchase the products from.

In a nutshell, you don't have to stock any inventory. You recieve an order, you then place the order with your distributor and they ship from their warehouse. Your name is on the box and all is good. It's like a virtual warehouse!

John Munro

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  04:24:50  
equitableelectronics

Thanks for that, now i see the whole point of it and why there is so much discussion about it.

regards

John

John Munro

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  06:29:31  
Hi

This topic has made me think!! Could you run a whole site just using dropshippers? Seems an easy way to make a wee bit of money? Or am I missing something?

regards

John

John Munro

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  08:57:06  
Hi
I must have been on the planet Zog for the last five years. Just did some research on drop shippers and suddenly came to the following conclusions. Please advise me if I am right with any of the following.

The great majority of power sellers on EBay are using dropshipping. There I was thinking all these people were wrapping and sending hundreds of parcels every month!!

The great majority of these small type Ecom type selling online websites are either totally using or partly using dropshipping?

Dropshipping has greatly/totally replaced the old affiliate type program where a user was taken of your site on the fly to buy a product where you then sometimes! got a very small percentage of the profit?

I see the following problems with dropshipping that I would appreciate advice on.

Some dropshippers have their own online selling websites. I was searching on Big Boys Gadgets and found loads of UK sites selling the EXACT same stuff all at different prices but if the dropshipper has his own website you will never be able to compete with it.?

The dropshippers I looked at give very small return times from when they sent the product out until the customer returns it to you where you then have to send it back to the dropshipper to get a refund. Afraid I would end up with a load of products that the dropshipper wont take back?

I don't mean to offend anyone using dropshipping here but I noticed the following regards the great deal of products on offer for dropshipping. They were rubbish, not to put too fine a point on it. Was looking at PC components and Big Boy gadget stuff, the PC components were well out of date, and all the gadget stuff looked like it originated in China 10 years ago.

Is there any major companies out there that do dropshipping? I have just about completed a site for someone selling hand tools. He has the official dealership for a major part of the UK from a major European tool manufacture. He has to hold and ship a great deal of stock but the company also will delivery big components with his name on it, which I now know is a partly dropshipping.

regards
John
Page: of 9 « Topic »  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000