Page: of 9

dropshipper
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  09:36:44  
The last couple of posts is the bit we at mydropshipbusiness.com like... it always amuses us when the penny finally drops about drop shipping (no pun!).

Drop Ship is without a doubt the biggest developing industry on the Interent and will eventually replace affiliations completely.

We are currently working on developing an ECT version of our sites (with the help of an current ECT MS Access .ASP user) and we would be very interested to know if anybody else from ECT (especially this forum) is interested in developing .php/sql versions for ECT users utilising our sources.

We welcome clients from all over the world as drop ship means no stock and you can sell from anywhere to anywhere (for the UK, UK, UK UK comment earlier in this forum please note that you can own a website in the UK and still sell stock in the USA or in fact to anywhere in the world!)

The idea behind drop shipping is quite simple. You accept orders and payment from customers for goods that you advertise on your Web site. However you don't hold any stock of these goods. Instead you place an order with a manufacturer (or wholesaler) who delivers the goods direct to your customer's address. The paperwork accompanying the delivery will make it appear that the goods were delivered directly from your business. Your customer pays the retail priced fixed by you, while you pay the wholesale price from the supplier, thereby making a profit.

John Munro

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  12:19:14  
Hi

Just spent hours researching dropshipping after my rather naive first posting and come to the following conclusion. Anyone in the UK forget it! Unless they find genuine dropshippers working IN the UK. Just trawled the forums and found some horrible stories like UK sites having customers complaining that they had just been informed that there was a parcel being held in the Post Office for them and if they wished to pay £20 GBP Vat/Tax they could come and get it. It gets worse, when they picked it up there was official paperwork (seemingly reqd) from the dropshipper in USA which included the original cost of the goods. One UK punter described how he spent days and a fair bit of money trying to setup his site so he could legally use USA dropshippers to ship to the USA and UK. To cut a long story short he gave up on that but got plenty of advice on how to do it illegally!. I learnt one hell of lot about Ebay dropshipping as well which is another story.

At the moment I think its just the same pot of gold at the end of the rainbow the old affiliate programs promised but this one looks much bigger. I never ever found the affiliate one so I wont bother chasing this one.

But I would love some UK punter to show me I am talking a load of bull!

regards

John

equitableelectronics
Advanced Member

USA
194 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  13:02:01  
You do have to be careful of most dropshippers. Most are a pile of crap and way overpriced. Especially the so called wholesellers that sell to the public. Try to find B2B only distributors that offer dropshipping. Thats where the money is. There is no such thing as easy money in this business, especially turn key money.

Once you pick up a dropshipper and have a running business your not done. Not only do you have to get people to your site, you have to get them to buy & comeback.

Am I right guys?

[url]http://www.equitableelectronics.com[/url]

stewart

73 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  09:49:58  
John, I have been drop shipping for years and you are right to express reservations about the UK. My own company has special bank accounts with Customs and Excise just for this reason. Anyone can drop ship but how many really know the detail of every step in the process?

Did you know for example that most courier companies will pay the VAT on behalf of your customer and then seek to reclaim it from them? VAT has to be paid but these companies also levy an admin charge too on top of the vat, try telling this to your customer when he gets your invoice for the amount plus vat and then gets hit with the courier's vat bill plus admin charge. I almost lost several large account because the courier companies tried to prosecute them for not paying vat when they had already paid it.

You can find good drop shipping companies but what about the couriers? I have tried them all and watched as our software bounced back and forth from them to a customer in Italy because the customer refused to pay admin fees!!!

Stewart

http://www.blueorange.org.uk

http://www.webnomad.co.uk

John Munro

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  10:28:37  
Stewart

Thanks for a honest and professional answer here, was on other forums the other day asking about UK dropshippers and was bombarded by people promising me the world again. Everyone of then a scam artist by what I could see from their sites and advice given. Also others were telling me they had set up sites/ eBay etc and sold either next to nothing and when they did the goods never turned up so they ended up getting thrown out of EBay

I am only interested in dropshipping from/to the UK, so Stewart is there any in the UK, if there is I will find them for myself but you can save me the bother if you tell me I am wasting my time. I spoke to a great guy on the phone yesterday from the USA who more or less says the same as you. You can do it from the UK using USA dropshippers who will deliver worldwide but you need to be switched on both regards the dropshipper and the couriers. As I am as green as grass re selling I will not be jumping in here to get burnt (again) without a lot more investigation etc. But I still think its a winner if done correctly? like you appear to be doing on your own site.

regards

John

gem

USA
51 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/26/2005 :  18:21:09  
Greetings & Salutations,

I guess after reading the postings in this
thread I should put in my .02 worth.

I have a website that has been open for
about a year and a half. I switched it to ECT
about a year ago.

I started out exclusive with 2 drop ship companies
that I found doing searches on Google. The
companies I was using had good generic products
but no name brand.

Then I joined World Wide Brands and found 2 excellent
Dropshippers that dealt with Name Brand products in
my niche.

I now use 4 different Drop Shippers. I have since
expanded to adding products through Affiliate sales with
major players in my market.

I am able to keep the customer on my site by displaying
the affiliate products via a script that allows me to use
live datafeeds from my affiliate programs and mixing
them with my own products that I can get from my
dropship sources.

By doing this I have gradually increased my sales and
revenue over time.

Marketing on the internet is an ever changing proposition
and it takes work almost daily to keep up with what will
and will not work.

Custom Template in FrontPage with PHP

http://www.woodworkingtoday.com

jsecaur

USA
63 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/27/2005 :  19:09:55  
Gem,

What dropshippers do you use? Do they do variety product or are they specific? How long have you been with them? Have you had any problems with them?

Appreciate your feedback.

Jody

Sometimes it takes many failures to achieve success - don't give up!

andrewradmore
Advanced Member

105 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  01:48:51  
Hello,
I retail ink cartridges and DVD/CD Media etc. in the Uk market. I would be willing to negotitate dropshipping with anyone who is interested. I do nor currently drop ship but am sure that an equally beneficial system can be set up. If anyone is interested please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best Regards
Andrew Radmore

edge
Advanced Member

USA
128 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  14:21:20  
My firm works with a number of Midwest (USA) pet supply distributors that are true wholesalers. They only sell to customers that have resale tax id's.

These are real brick and mortar businesses that carry anywhere from 2,500 to 14,000 items in their warehouses.

One of these wholesalers is very interested in adding a drop-ship service to their business offerings. This offering would be for their current pet supply dealers (retail stores) but they would like to expand their customer base.

My firm will be working with them to design and implement the technical interfaces, on-line components and business processes that will be needed.

I do not want to take up space in the ECT forums discussing this, but if there are any businesses that are interested in providing input on what they would want as an on-line retailer using a drop ship service, and have plans to offer pet supplies on their ECT sites, send an e-mail to:

dropship@itechsol.net

The initial drop ship offering would only be for delivery of pet supplies to USA based residents. You can include an outline of what you would expect from a pet supply drop ship service, issues you have experienced in the past and want to avoid, and any other information you deem relevant.

Thanks in advance for any input.

dougdirect
Starting Member

3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  05:38:12  
Hi there,

Could someone please elaborate on the situation with megagoods.com because we are considering using them for product fullfillment. I am already aware that they are just a middle man for "Universal Banner Networks .inc" and just wondered if anyone new any more about this.

Secondly we are a company registered in and operating from the United Kingdom and so far I can't find any US sales tax forms so we can pay the applicable duties. Can anyone help here?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Tom Perrins
Operations Director
Dougdirect.com

sonjia
Advanced Member

USA
356 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  23:07:19  
do a search on google for them

It doesn't look to promising!

Regards
Sonjia
http://ForDogsOnly.com

Baicam

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  04:38:49  
Megagoods.com

check this out before you do anything!

http://ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=megagoods.com&Search=Search

dougdirect
Starting Member

3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  04:39:21  
Thanks,

Have done that already, see what you mean!

I was hoping to hear from someone with first hand experience with either companies.

Appreciate your time thanks.

Regards,

Tom

cooper
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
2807 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  11:08:28  
Check out www.thecatalogsource.com.

This is the third site I have done for this company. They have several products and they are willing to dropship to the US.

Cooper

- - - - -

Tools & Templates (www.toolsandtemplates.com) - More than 350 FrontPage templates, Flash/SWiSH intro pages and more!

Host your ASP Ecommerce Templates site at for $9.95 per month at www.bacwebdesign.com

www.Seekzap.com - The web... as you see it!

fvontrapp
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  17:22:07  
are dropshippers the same as fulfillment houses?

Francoise Gibson
Web Designer
Amaranth Networks, Inc.

smoothpeach
Starting Member

1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  13:08:48  
Does anyone have the list that Equitable put together, his site is no longer available. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

smoothpeach

brainkandie.com
Starting Member

1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  17:01:05  
Greetings, You might want to have a look at http://www.brainkandie.com if you need great value excellent sales rate products to sell via dropshipping.

culna
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/17/2005 :  14:02:37  
I would love to have any info on dropshippers that people have collected. I joined The Drop Ship Source, but didn't find anything on there I wanted to sell. I would be interested in any information any of you could provide.

Thanks much,

Kat

oic800
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  00:42:52  
Ok, here are a few large dropshippers:
www.DandH.com, Electronics Distributor source of Ebay Powersellers
www.IngramMicro.com, Another very large electronics distributor
www.Broadfield.com ,Video editing and production equiptment distributor
www.BfnUSA.com, Patch leather jackets, jewelry, accessories etc.
www.JewelrySprite.com, a florida jewelry importer.
www.123dropship.com, subsidiary of Fresco's Jewelry (legitimate)
www.seleon.ca, A canadian jewelry company

These are some of the major players on the scene right now. No need to pay for lists, if you can find your products here.

Ulysses Levy

oic800
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  01:04:58  
I apologize that some of the hyperlinks didnt work, lets try that again.
www.dandh.com/ , Electronics distributor
www.ingrammicro.com/ , Another very large electronics distributor
www.broadfield.com/ ,Video editing and production equiptment
www.bnfusa.com/ , Patch leather jackets, jewelry, accessories etc.
www.JewelrySprite.com/ , a florida jewelry importer.
www.123dropship.com/ , subsidiary of Fresco's Jewelry (legitimate)
www.seleon.ca/ , A canadian jewelry company

Ulysses Levy
Page: of 9 « Topic »  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000