Doug
Advanced Member

USA
112 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/21/2005 :  12:16:57  
Hi everyone
Is dropshipping the answer? I guess it is if you can find the few (very few) quality dropshippers out there. I have a ton of names of supposed wholesale B2B dropshippers. After you get an account with them you find the exact same items on Ebay with a buy it now for less money. The funny thing is everyone of them love to say "make money on Ebay with our items!" I have been testing selling items on Ebay for about 1 year. After 30 days I had the powerseller status. (all that means is that you are a power fee payer) I have yet to dropship one item. I found local distributors in my area who deliver to my shop for free twice a day each. These are the guys who offer the real wholesale prices. Anyway back to FeeBay, I am spending $3,000 per month for the privilege to sell on there site. I offer the same great prices on my web site. In the very near future I plan to quit ebay and sell exclusively on my site. Sales will drop but so will the $3,000 monthly bill. Ebay is the real winner. I pay $600.00 for a hydraulic steering kit, sell it for $695.00 ($5.00 less than anyone else) after ebay and paypal fees I get $40.00. Not bad I guess but I make $75.00 when I sell it on my web site. My point is, wouldnt it be in my best interest to spend what ever it takes to get my site ranked #1 for my keywords with the search engines? Even if I have to spend $1000.00 per month to make it happen, I would still be ahead of the game by $2000.00 a month. I would suggest (1) get your site done (2) use ebay in the beginning to advertise your website. Plaster your sites name on every listing like I have been doing for the past 2 months. I even offer the same items on my site for a few $ less than I do on ebay and I offer a $10.00 discount for purchases over $100.00. The people who are smart enough to visit your site often realize they can get a better deal there rather than ebay. Once you have good search engine rankings for your site and can get a fair number of visitors, kick ebay to the curb and keep your money!

http://www.saveonboating.com/ (about 3,000 items)
http://stores.ebay.com/Save-on-Boating (about 300 items)

denz
Starting Member

USA
27 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/25/2005 :  01:29:02  
I can dropship this item if anyone is interested, product is been manufactured by my business associate.

Thanks

Denz

email: sales@mdtcs.com

http://www.mydiaperbuddy.com

azurelumen
Starting Member

1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/26/2005 :  00:41:59  
*Equitableelectronics* I saw a posting where you offered a small list of your best dropshippers, but there was no list evident and since registering I cannot find it again. I've been chewing my nails over the chaos of typing in "dropshipper" into google and trying to weed through them all. Everyone wants you to pay for their lists, and although I have NO problem paying for valuable information, you get a distinct feeling that you will get ripped off. Then you find a form like this and your suspicions are confirmed. Are you still offering that list?

wildcat1138
Starting Member

1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/26/2005 :  12:17:57  
Hi guys,

i am thinking about starting a small business as an ebayer. I got burnt once and would definitely like to avoid that. Like most of you here, I've tried out a couple of dropshipper lists and they did not work for me. However, I found a couple of sites (google) which looked promising though I can't confirm their reliability. I've seached them on ripoffreport.com but couldn't find any dirt on them. They are surplusmasters.com and jmcwarehouse.com.

Was wondering if anyone of you here know they are legit. Any help would be advantageous.

Thanks in advance.

MissAngi
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  15:28:51  
I've been reading this post this afternoon. I found it VERY informative. I am a stay at home mom. And its almost impossible for our family to pay our bills with one income (my husband working). I wanted to start selling things on ebay to make money. Im really only needing about $500 more a month to ease the burden. I figured it was a feasable goal.

Anyways, ive been researching dropshippers, as I have no money to invest. I cant find ANYTHING!!! The dropshipper is either a middleman scam, or its selling cheap junk that you would find in a gumball machine! LOL Its seeming hopeless!!!!

I would LOVE to sell something name brand. I was trying to sell Childrens clothes in the brand of Gap or TOmmy. But I cant find anything. There is an outlet mall near me, but its not cheap enough. I took a stab at it with the high prices, and ended up losing money! :(

Anyways, im at a loss! I dont know what to do! I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction! I've researched and researched. my fingers are numb from the typing, and my eyes are starting to cross!!! LOL Still nothing!

Thanks in advance for the help and advice!

God Bless,
Angi

culna
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/08/2005 :  12:24:34  
Hi there everyone. Sorry for my post, and then vanishing. I lost my internet connection for a couple weeks, due to weather and then cut fiber optic lines. Thanks so much for the posts, and all the help.

oic800 -- thanks for the information on dropshippers. I will check those out.

Doug -- what you are doing is exactly what I want to be doing a year from now. I'm just trying to figure out how to make it happen. Thanks very much, for the information.

Denz -- sent you an e-mail. Thanks for the info.

MissAngi -- have you tried overstock.com? Also, you don't necessarily want to be selling all the same things that everyone else is. Those are going to be very popular items, which may cause you to get lost in the swamp. If you DO want to continue selling those things, try looking up items by single item. Sometimes you come up with something that way. (Ie: Tommy boys jeans) Also, try looking up "wholesale" or "bulk" Just be careful with that too. Some sites that say they have low prices really don't. Just do your research.

Thanks again,

Culna

doggg78
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  23:01:51  

Please visit my webpage for information on dropshipping. I purchased this same program and yes it was expensive but it's a real deal program. Once you purchase it and log in you'll see what I'm talking about. They update it all the time and personally test the drop shippers before they approve them to be on the site. You really can't go wrong. You can check with BBB.org and also http://ripoffreport.com/ to check on ANY COMPANY YOU'RE LEARY of. I seen someone mentioned MegaGoods.com ... DON'T DO IT.... Also, netdropshipper.com is the same.. no cust service and they will try to take your money and never ship anything to your customers.. Any company that claims to be a true wholesaler and doesn't ask for a tax id # is a MIDDLE MAN. Getting that tax ID cost me $10 which was spent on registering a company name here in my county.. My state (Michigan) doesn't let you file for the Sales Tax License online so it took forever. I do know that there are alot of states that let you do it online which is sooooooooo much quicker than snail mail. Then you fill out the forms for your state and they'll send you a Sales Tax License.. visit my site at edsmilitaryshop.com/Dropship.html .. also don't hesitate to email me with any questions you might have.. Even to be sure that this company has a drop shipper for the items you want to sell.. I can look them up and tell you how many companies sell those items.. I've had my encounters with these scam artists online and I hope that I can help at least ONE person to find the TRUE dropshipper list. This will save you lot's of time and money TRUST ME!! Look forward to hearing from anyone with questions!

Info AT EdsMilitaryShop DOT com

Come learn all about Dropshipping for FREE. You owe it to yourself to check out my page BEFORE you get into dropshipping. 20 Chapter FREE e-book.
edsmilitaryshop.com/Dropship.html

mcfgomes
Starting Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  09:34:04  
I was looking for a list of reliable dropshippers in the UK, can anyone help?

Many Thanks

skippymon

Australia
52 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  13:20:07  
Hi all found this websight you all might like and you might find some UK wholesalers mcfgomes
quote:
I was looking for a list of reliable dropshippers in the UK, can anyone help?

Many Thanks

http://www.importers.com/TradePages.php?search=wholesale§ion=TradePages&search_role=all&countryID=&Submit=Go&ref=109

mluirette
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  17:45:09  
Not going to give up any secrets here, but here's the best strategy:
Find a small mfr of something you think will sell, hopefully close enough to pick stuff up, and try to talk them into drop-shipping (or at least small orders for re-ship or willcall).
Most places appreciate your "free" marketing, especially if they're on the low-tech side and don't know how to sell online.
Sell them on the idea of reaching smaller niches without the hassles of direct marketing. Try to keep the term drop-shipper on the dl.

toolguy5844
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  00:53:22  
I have to agree with everything i have read as far as the directories i purchased a book from nyc that i knew was more like a scam and it was held together with tape then i paid for a few directories one 60 and another 30 needless to say i found nothig
after about eight months of searching i found a store selling great products at cheap prices they did not list themselves as dropshippers
i asked if they would consider they have a minimum order of $3000.00
we that is what they said needless to say they agreed and agreed to blind dropship for me i have a P.A. Wholesaler's license and fed tax i.d.
so that helps you need to grow your business the right way
leagaly unless you use it just for ebay(still taxes)
my site has no charges or fees you place a order and it will be fufilled contact me and i will reply you also get a tracking number the very next day orders are placed on the truck the same day
customers receive their orders with-in 7 days
it took a year to create a website and find the right supplier
all i can tell you guys is don't give up they are out there
Michael

toolguy5844
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  01:05:07  
also if you don't have any money to loose
be very careful of ebay fees
i get very low cost products and a lot don't sell
then if they do you have final selling cost's and then ebays
subsidary paypal or a credit card company will take even more fees
i sold on ebay but all my profit went back to fees if i wanted to
sell the itemto compete
example
am/fm/cd player audiovox rampage acd12
2 channel 1000 watt amplifier
two 12" 1200 wat subwoofwers and a instulation kit for the amp
$149.99 and still didn't sell and listed it more than once
find a niche i sold all my
hp toners quick big need for them i just happen to get some
can't find them for the prices them guys are selling them for it's a lot of work and hours be ready for that
i have been using paypal and still am but redesigning my site and this time
i am using a shopping cart that makes a big difference
then talk about SEO and getting top rankings on google froogle
msn yahoo i rate in the top on all 18 hour days
to get here and just make a living
starting but in the years to come if you plan on doing like
me then i think you will see the work paid off
well if anyone has any questions about SEO STRATIGIES
OR HOSTING COMPANIES I WILL BE GLAD TO ANSWER THEM

MICHAEL

whuffo
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/08/2005 :  12:38:59  
Has anyone used zibus.com? Comments pro/con?

How about dropshipdesign.com?

Thanks,
Ron

Edited by - whuffo on 11/08/2005 12:59:51

k_miss22
Starting Member

3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  09:06:52  
just have to say that worldwide brands is a rip off..I paid $69.00 and they don't have any name brands I am looking for and the one's they did have were priced too high for me to sell at a profit..
HINT on their site...you can go to the login screen and log as a guest and search their site to see if they have any name brands you want.

Zibus.com ..I called their corporate office number 7 times and I have left messages..emails and they WILL NOT call me back!!! I got a product list that was higher than Target prices! So I say NO GO!

Just my opinion and experience so far!

Kristy

toolguy5844
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  09:22:00  
i knew that they were a ripoff look at iwantitatwholesale.com

k_miss22
Starting Member

3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  12:44:16  
Are you saying that Iwantitwholesale is reputable??

toolguy5844
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  12:55:59  
I AM SAYING THAT THE PRICES COMPARED TO THEM SO CALLED
WHOLESALERS ARE MUCH BETTER YOU WANT TO FIND OUT WHO IS REPUTABLE GO TO RIPOFF REPORT DOT COM AND SEARCH NAMES
YOU CAN SEE WHAT PEOPLE HAD PROBLEMS WITH WHO AND THEIR ISSUES THEN DECIDE WHO IS REPUTABLE THAT'S HOW YOU CAN NARROW DOWN WHO YOU DO BUSINESS WITH

k_miss22
Starting Member

3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  13:43:14  
Awesome..Thanks!

WatchDog
Starting Member

1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  23:05:15  
Hey Whuffo,

Dropshipdesign.com is a scam. Their so called "unbeatable Wholesale Prices" are way more than other people's retail prices!

For instance for Sony Digital CyberShot 7.2mp 4x Opt. Zoom, Dropshipdesign.com will give YOU the "Wholesale price" $572.92 and they suggest you sell it for $599.95. So you make a whole $27.03 profit. The problem is you can easily find that camera online for $483.00 or less. They also offer YOU the Sony Cybershot 5.1 for 500 bucks when you can get it retail online for $385.00 - $440.00. This is pretty much the same with all their products.

Most of the time your profit margin is about $20.00. That's if you can get anyone to buy your stuff at those prices. (Example: They'll give you the price of $280.00 and say the suggested retail price is $305.00. Even it that were true you make a big $25.00)

The other major problem is that most of the items are discontinued. They may have 10 printers but 7 or 8 of them are discontinued. They have 7 notetbook computers ALL discontinued!

..camcorders, cameras, monitors, etc, whatever you look at most of the stuff is discontinued.

They advertise as having "Guaranteed lowest wholesale prices available". Maybe they have the highest wholesale prices but certainly not the lowest. Again, their wholesale prices are beaten by many retailers by $80.00 to $100.00 or more.

Another thing is they say you can redesign the website to suit your needs. This is true and they do offer templates you can use to change the look of the web page but to do other changes you have to use html. No problem if you know how to do it and a lot of people don't. They could make it a lot more user friendly. If you don't know html you'll be spending a WHOLE lot of time just messing with the web site before you can get down to the business of selling stuff and making money.

... And guess what, ... if you screw up when making changes to the site, they will charge you a fee of $9.99 to fix it! And this will happen everytime you screw up a change to the web site!

And of course, once you sign up, NO MONEY BACK, NO REFUND if you are unsatisfied. If you ever see "No Money Back or No Refund" you know something is up. If their product or service is so great they wouldn't have to worry about people wanting their money back. But they know once you get a glimpse of the real deal, it's too late, they have your money and they're not giving it back!

Some people may say that it's a legitimate site. What do you think?

Briddler
Starting Member

25 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  22:07:16  
As im reading this post, it seems that 90% of the information in here is about who not to go with as dropshipper. My question is, What Dropshippers are trusted and are reliable? Does anyone have a list? Im just starting a page and need a new dropshipper that i can trust, preferable in the computer supplies or electronics. Can anyone Help?

thanks
Page: of 9 « Topic »  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000