Page: of 9

techols
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1503 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  18:40:25  
Thought I would chime in here. I found Whois information on DROPSHIPDESIGNS.COM - pasted below. Not sure what service you were using but the information is out there.

Domain Name: DROPSHIPDESIGNS.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com

As far as wholesalereplicas.com don't bother. They will soon be put out of business since Google is cracking down on made-for-AdSense pages. See article http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3619066. All they are really is a landing page of AdSense ads.

Key rule of thumb here is if they make you pay for the service they are generally a rip-off - they are the only ones making money.

I use one of the largest dropship companies for my market - don't ask I will not share - very niche market and I don't need the competition, sorry. The only thing I paid up front was for all back catalogs, for descriptions, and 15 disks of images - total cost $25.00. No per order charge, no yearly or monthly fees and no other fees of any kind.

The difference here is I had to create everything myself - no pre-built site. I got my own merchant account and I also use pay pal.

The only one I came across in this post that I would remotely consider would be Idropshipper.com. They give you the choice of doing it yourself – a free account – or having them put the whole thing together for you with a setup fee and monthly hosting fees. They have a decent designed site apposed to the others listed here. You need to way the cost of doing everything yourself – site design, merchant account, hosting, etc… or having a company – like Idropshipper.com – do it all for you. I would wonder though how much control they give you to the source code in case you want to alter it. All of there example sites, that work that is, seem to look the same.

I hope this helps you guys and gals out in making your decision. Trust me there is nothing like the freedom that comes with being your own boss. However, you are also the sole source for handling customer complaints.

Terry Echols
PHP Platform

[img]http://www.costumersnetwork.com/images/signature_image.jpg[/img]

NJK2270
Starting Member

5 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  22:42:56  
loveofscents..

its been some time.. are u going to get around to posting the details to that success of urs..

just curious

Visit livingthekidlife.com for everything you need in kids' furniture and accessories.

mercesgirl
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  01:03:26  
I have read this entire topic, and am still at a loss on where to find a decent drop shipper. I have a site for videogames and consoles, and cannot find anyone reputable to dropship for me.

Kim

CellularEx
Starting Member

3 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  01:59:50  
Hi,
If you are looking for a good dropshipped, try MegaGoods.com. I know many people have been badmouthing them, but I have sold over 300 products from their site and never have had a problem. I think much of the negative publicity comes from their supposed connection with NetDropshipper.com, which I have also worked with and can assure you they are NOT legit and NOT the same company. I cannot speak for the others, but I have nothing but good things to say about MegaGoods.

diehard098
Starting Member

1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  11:08:53  
anyone used pspdropship.com ?? they have loads of products and the prices are ok...

emmajh
Starting Member

1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  07:46:39  
You shouldn't have to pay for a dropshipper directory or to sign up to a dropshipping program. If you search on google you will be able to find a dropshipper for free.

I found a couple of links: jewellery.url40.net is a jewelry manufacturer, you can buy either wholesale or drop ship. Like I said, no start up fees, I've even used these guys a few times and have had positive feedback from customers. Hope this helps!

view07
Starting Member

1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/29/2006 :  00:55:57  
Hi,
This forum is really helpful to understand drop shipping.
i am looking for reputable dropshipper compnies, but no Luck so far. I try doba.com but their prices are way high!
a while ago equitableelectronics put a list togather for all the legitimate suppliers, if anybody have that list or know some other supplier,please send me , that will be very nice of you, I will really appreciate !

Thanks
view07

Kahluaconcafe
Starting Member

4 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/06/2006 :  10:28:43  
It seems to be really hard to find quality dropshippers - most of the companies you find are *middlemen* and not the actual manufacturers, so you are paying for that, and the true distributors (who get products directly from the manufacturers) seem to be able to offer lower prices than you can get unless you have an account directly with the manufacturer - it's a catch 22 situation.

One solution is to just search some every day for manufacturers who are willing to dropship - you can find them but it does take time to locate them.

Also, if you want to sell at auction, I recommend the low fee or no fee sites - like froggiebid.com. It's free to list there, you don't pay anything over a buck if you sell (and that's only if the item is like $5k or something) - so it's worth a shot.

If any of you are interested in trying to put together a list of *legitimate dropshippers* I will be glad to help out.

Kahluaconcafe
Starting Member

4 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/06/2006 :  10:37:26  
I did do some comparisons with some of the dropshipping sites (costs to me) versus what the same product was selling for on the bigger auction sites - you know the ones:) I found out that on MANY goods my price was higher than the selling price listed- so obviously those sellers have a source directly to the manufacturer where they cut out the for profit middlemen. I mean there is no way to compete price-wise if you have to pay more for the item than it's already listed for at auction. Since so many of the dropshipping sites charge a fee, I dropped the memberships at that point to all but one. I do search most days for manufacturers that will dropship directly, so if some of you are trying to put together a list of dropshippers, let me know.

Kahluaconcafe
Starting Member

4 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/06/2006 :  11:04:50  
I compared some products from that psp drop ship company you asked about. For instance, they charge YOU $279 for the Limited V3 Pink Bluetooth Combo plus charger phone.

I can find the same exact product for $199 at auction and it's new.

So why would anybody pay them almost twice again as much (supposedly wholesale) to buy their products?

Kahluaconcafe
Starting Member

4 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 12/06/2006 :  11:09:59  
Sorry the site is froggiebid.com - have to put that I guess.

Also there are a few other free or low-cost sites out there - can somebody list some others?

grandma
Starting Member

Canada
1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  19:21:46  
I am new to E-Bay and all it has to offer. I am looking into dropshippers and any other help too get me going. I see that everyone want a fee for getting the basic info, and I mean basic. There is so much info, but just a much negative comments.
Yes I can pay thousands for info. but looking for safe chat on this subject.

Thank you for your time and in put.

Donna

stormchaser
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  08:52:43  
I accicently started a new subject when I meant to post here.
I am looking to set up an online pet store. I was with Godaddy.com last year and got no assistance at all on how to set up my site. My subscription exspires in April. At the time I didn't understand the difference between an affiliate site and dropshipping, and they didn't want to take the time to explain anything. Now, after reading this forum, I think I understand. My problem like everyone else here, is how to know who to trust? The only pet supply sources I am finding are those that offer a web site for $30-$100 a month. I have not found any lists of dropshipping for pet supplies only. I am in a position where I can't afford to play the nickle and dime game anymore.
I did puchace a web site last year from dropshipwholesale.net. I got a lot of usefull info. from them but the product didn't sell for me. They have lists of other drop shippers but none in the pet supply industry.
I would appreciate some advise soon since I see my job being phased out soon and I need to move on my prospects. I am a 50 year old female with physical limitations and the physical world doesn't have much to offer! HELP! Please!
Thank you

candlsports
Starting Member

5 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  20:06:32  
Would very much like to find some sporting goods dropshippers that are reputable. Have found a few in the past that were far from reliable.

Thanks. e-mail address is in my profile

ecommerce
Starting Member

Netherlands
1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  09:02:54  
i am searching for goods for a new web shop for the betherlands.
i am looking for wholesale from the uk or sweden in gift, sculpture, frames, home interior, or lighting.
Do you know some one, please mail us !!

cooper
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
2807 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  20:32:34  
How about:

http://www.buckaball.com/forms.asp?id=4

or

www.thecatalogsource.com

Cooper

- - - - -

Photo Upload for your ECT store (www.bacwebdesign.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ECT0001)

Random Product Display for ECT (www.bacwebdesign.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ECT0003)

Top Seller Display for ECT (www.bacwebdesign.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ECT0006)

Got Spam? We don't! www.stopspamstop.com

Edited by - cooper on 09/27/2007 08:25:29

cwalsh5000
Starting Member

1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/03/2008 :  15:12:31  
Hello,

I have a product I want to import from the manufactuer but want to have a drop shipment set up where the goods are sent directly to the warehouse and they distribute when I make the sales

All the "Drop shippers" i look at have thier own products. I want someone to take care of my product.

Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong place?

EWholesaleSunglasses
Starting Member

1 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/28/2008 :  21:30:38  
Hello all!

I hope we aren't out of place but we offer FREE blind drop-shipping and absolutely no hidden costs or sign-up fee's. We wholesale Sunglasses and Accessories but are open to the public - we also ship worldwide.

As an idea, many of our customers sell to local shops, salons, swap meets and quite a few have started their own websites and sell on ebay.

We are always happy to work with anyone interested in selling our products and can provide pictures and descriptions if needed. We have been in business and online for a number of years and work very hard to provide excellent customer service.

If anyone has an interest you can contact me personally at Steven@EWholesaleSunglasses.com or you can check out our website at www.EWholesaleSunglasses.com

Thanks!

NickL
Starting Member

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  10:33:27  
whats a dropshipper ? a wholesaler who ships to the enduser using none of their own branding ? uses 'your' company branding ? We just tell our suppliers how we want our orders packed, shipped ect, right down to them using our own branded packing tape.. this is the kind of relationship you need to have with your suppliers, remember you are their customer and customer is KING ! for smaller companys perhaps one needs to assume the attuide of a BIGGER FISH !

Nick Lake

menageorge
Advanced Member

201 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  13:09:58  
Hello,
So where is the list ... i tried to download it from http://www.equitableelectronics.com/links.asp
but the whole website is down ...
Please Advice ...
Thanks
Page: of 9 « Topic »  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000