Technical
 Getting Started and Pre-Sales
 Removing the Review product facility
Author « Topic »  

ClaireArt
Advanced Member

101 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2019 :  01:57:35  
Hi I have turned the reviews on the includes php to "false" but the boxes asking people to review are still appearing? Do I need to physically delete it out of the code on the proddetail page?
Thank you Claire.

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2019 :  03:19:34  
Hi Claire,
I'm not seeing the review product feature on this product detail page here - https://www.claire-harrison.co.uk/shop/proddetail.php?prod=Sunflowers

Can you show us where you're seeing the review feature please?

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2019 :  04:17:37  
Hi Claire

I've looked across your products and, like Phil, I see zero review product links.

You may be seeing a cached version.

Steve
Using ECT PHP versions since 2004 / 5

ClaireArt
Advanced Member

101 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2019 :  04:47:30  
thankyou. I pressed f5 but I obviously should have forced a better cache clear, sorry. Yes you are right absolutely gone the includes false must have worked. Thank you xx

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2019 :  05:00:22  
Good to hear you are seeing what's expected. Some browsers are more aggressive at caching than others.

Of the 5 installed browsers on one of my machines I always keep Microsoft Edge (the browser I don't like ) to never cache. When making code changes I always check in Edge first and if it shows in Edge I know for sure that changes have occurred. Over the years I have had many hours wasted of being given the 'run around' by browser caching :-(

Steve
Using ECT PHP versions since 2004 / 5

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2019 :  05:42:15  
quote:
thankyou. I pressed f5 but I obviously should have forced a better cache clear
If you press <Ctrl>+F5 it forces a refresh. But also, if your site is set to cache so aggresively it can cause problems with dynamic pages. What I did was add a product to cart and view the cart, and there is the product. Then I add another product to cart but I don't see the second one until I do a <Ctrl>+F5 but that shouldn't happen. Looking at your headers as here...
http://tools.seobook.com/server-header-checker/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.claire-harrison.co.uk%2Fshop%2Fcart.php&useragent=8&protocol=11
...you have...

Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 12:38:03 GMT
Max-Age=432000;
expires=Tue, 23-Jul-2019 12:38:03 GMT; Max-Age=432000;

You really need to talk to your host about this as it will mean your customers will have lots of problems seeing their cart items.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000