Posted - 07/10/2020 :  03:12:51  
thanks

Vincent Tumeo

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2020 :  05:10:47  
I placed $nopriceanywhere=TRUE;
in the includes page however $0.00 still appears on the checkout pag. I also need to remove the share cart button . Thanks

Vincent Tumeo

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2020 :  02:31:34  
Hi Vincent
I just tried here with that parameter and it all seemed ok. Where exactly do you see the $0.00 ? Can you include maybe a screenshot?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2020 :  14:17:07  
this is in the cart when you try to edit
cant get a screen sht to attach go to http://www.giftconnections.net add some thig to the car then try to edit the cart. That is where the$0.00 shows up

Vincent Tumeo

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2020 :  18:10:58  
Hi Vincent

I have visited the site and added three items to cart then clicking on the Checkout button I see $0.00, as in the screenshot below. On attempting to move to the next stage I am getting an insecure warning, so do not know what lies ahead. I can't see a share cart button by the way.

I'm sure Vince will tell you if the cart showing $0.00 is correct or not or how to not show it at all.

Steve

Edited by - 1818charlie on 07/11/2020 18:16:50

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2020 :  03:11:24  
Hi Vincent
Something is obviously wrong but I was going to check on the server as you sent the login previously, but the login seems to have changed. If you could send the new FTP login I'll take a look.

Vince

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2020 :  03:47:32  
<snip>

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2020 :  04:25:20  
Hi Vincent
I tried the new login you posted but firstly, it doesn't seem to work and secondly you can't post FTP login details (or any other) here. Send them to my email (vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com) or click on the email icon in my profile.

Vince

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  04:17:02  
Hi Vincent
It seems the inccart.php file had been edited and specifically, some of the occurences of the parameter $nopriceanywhere had been altered which was causing the problem. I've put a default inccart.php on the site and backed up the one you had to inccart.bak.php in case you need it for some reason. But really, if there are edited files you probably would be best of applying the updater fully to ensure a good set of scripts.

Vince

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  13:48:55  
Thanks Vince. My client says he wod like to have the all produces breadcrumbs be a lik back to the category pagefor the particular sub category the person is looking in. eg some looking ata product in the Tomtar Small category when they click onthe breadcrumb it takes them to ALL PRODUCTS how can I set the breadcrumb t go back to the begining of the sub category instead. or can this be done at all. without a lot of changes to the code.

Vincent Tumeo

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  14:58:39  
Can the bread crumb "ALL Products" be change to "Categories" if so how do I do it
Thanks
Vince

Vincent Tumeo

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  15:34:44  
I am not sure that the actual breadcrumb wording can be changed but you can change the URL to where by when clicking All Products points too from the default products.php/asp to a different URL. If the wording can be changed I'm sure if someone knows they will gallop to your rescue

To change Home URL in the product / category breadcrumbs, use the following in your includes file

For the php version - $orhomeurl="categories.php";

For the asp version - orhomeurl="categories.asp";

Steve

Edited by - 1818charlie on 07/25/2020 15:39:23

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7621 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  11:39:29  
Hi Vince,
To change the text just add this line to your vsadmin/includes.php
$xxHome='All Categories';

Where 'All Categories' is the text you wish to display

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  12:06:28  
I placed the code
$orhomeurl="categories.php";
in my includes file. However, when I clicked on the breadcrumb ALL PRODUCTS i still went to all products. I want to remove the links on the left to the different categories an sub categories and let them click the breadcrumb to go back to the categories page my client does'nt like the links on the left and he does'nt like the ALL products page due to the amount of products he offers. The only other way I can think of is remove the bread crumb to all products completely and leave the link to Categories on the top of the page. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated
Vince
PS how do I remove the breadcrumb?

Vincent Tumeo

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  13:11:39  
Thanks all i think this will make my cleint happy

Vincent Tumeo

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2020 :  13:12:22  
Hi, the easiest way, at this point is to probably remove the breadcrumb, and there are serval ways to do that, but I think, in this case, maybe css is the best way.

set

div.prodnavigation {display: none;}

in your stylesheet.

From there, in the categories, products, and proddetail pages, you can just make a link just before the include link that calls up that page

<a href="categories.php">Shop Categories</a>

David

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2020 :  08:27:08  
Thanks i think hat will give me wthe desired look. Thanks again
Vince

Vincent Tumeo

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2020 :  15:22:44  
Hey guys and gals
Thanks for all your help. I need one more piece of knowledge. I am trying to populate the database for the site not going too fast since I am uploading one item at a time. How do I upload bulk items. Example I have one category already on a website i developed in html that has 75 items. I want to upload the whole category with the proper Item #s, product #s ,pictures and descriptions, Is this possible and if so what do I need to do. Again thanks for any advice you may give me

Vincent Tumeo

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2020 :  15:29:56  
Hi, there is a built in CSV utility for adding products and product image paths.

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/admin-csv-upload.asp

Thanks,
David

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2020 :  07:52:52  
Hello again I am using images for the categories if i dont use<!---->in the category name i end up with the category name under the image. I want to keep the links for the subcategories on the different page however they look strange Attached is a screenshot i would like to remove the <!----> from the links can it be done instead of an attachment here is the url http://www.giftconnections.net/products.php?cat=25 thanks again

Vincent Tumeo
Page: of 9 « Topic »  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000