Search our site
Previous Page | Next Page
Author « Topic »
Page: of 9

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2021 :  16:05:22  
Sorry I did not realize you changed the style sheets. I have been in the hospital and just got back to the computer. Please make those changes again. I will make new local copies. I am doing the upgrades in the morning Saturday Feb 13. My blood pressure dropped to 59 over 35 I came close to passing away. Happy I did'nt

Vincent Tumeo

Vince
Administrator

42479 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2021 :  09:31:18  
Hi Vincent
Sorry to hear about the medical problems and I'm glad you are better now.
I've put the change back in...
css/ectstyle.css
vsadmin/includes.php

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2021 :  15:35:44  
I really feel stupid now i updated the store AFTER you made the changes. Things got hectic here with the temperature dropping to -18 degrees f I hate to ask you but can you put the changes in againor send me the code and where to put them and I will take care of placing them. I really apologize for my mistake

Vincent Tumeo

Vince
Administrator

42479 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  02:05:59  

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2021 :  08:13:08  
Ok I am about ready to return my client's money and tell him . Any way I have changed the design more to his liking but he wants the breadcrumbs gone I have tried everything I know how to no avail can someone tell me how to remove the breadcrumbs from the entire site PLEASE.

Vincent Tumeo

Vince
Administrator

42479 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2021 :  02:27:13  
Hi Vincent
I'm sorry things are not going well but to remove the breadcrumbs just add this to your site style sheet...

div.catnavandcheckout{
display:none;
}

Vince

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2021 :  04:21:09  
Thanks Vince that worked now if I can make him happy

Vincent Tumeo

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  06:12:37  
I have one more request on the checkout page there is a box for 'How did you hear about us" and a box for discounts, my client is a whole seller and only the customers he wants to go to the site are allowed. So these boxes are not required and he wants them removed i tried to put into the style sheet not to display these but was not smart enough to remove them so how do i remove the to boxes and their labels

Vincent Tumeo

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  06:22:35  
Hi,
Have a look in your vsadmin/includes.php file for the following entries and remove the first one

$extracheckoutfield1html="<select name=\"ectfield\" size=\"1\"><option value=\"\">Please Select...</option><option value=\"Google\">Google</option><option value=\"Yahoo\">Yahoo</option></select>";

and if this is present change it to TRUE, if it isn't present add the line with TRUE
$nogiftcertificate=FALSE;

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  10:34:47  
Hi I need to create from the product detail page back to the page of the sub category home page e.g. i am on sub cat=2 and i am browsing thru the items in the sub category and want to go back to the beginning without scrolling back one image at a time or going back to the categories page and then back to the dub category. I have tried to create the link but always end up back at the categories page, Can you tell me how to create that link. Also how can I make the checkout button larger

Vincent Tumeo

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  13:57:56  
OK Now I REALLY fee stupid on the cart and the minicart I have somehow removed the product description and cannot find how to put it back Please help

Vincent Tumeo

Vince
Administrator

42479 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2021 :  02:38:18  
Hi Vincent
I had a look at the vsadmin/inc/incproddetail.php script and it seems that every instance of "FALSE" in the file has been set to "TRUE". I guess you didn't mean to do this but updating with a clean set of files from the updater would probably sort this (and other) problems out...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/updaters.asp

If you want me to apply the updater then just let me know.

Vince

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2021 :  05:55:05  
i applied the updater and solved a few problems, However, i cannot find a way to get the product description to show on either the mini cart, cart or checkout. I believe the description should appear at least in the cart. A customer needs it to make sure he/she has ordered the right item without going back to the item. Also can you tell me hoe to enlarge the check out button
Thanks for all your help and support

Vincent Tumeo

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10289 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2021 :  12:58:55  
Hi, it would be very unusual to show the entire product description in the mini cart and in the cart itself.
The product ID and name are there to help the custom understand what they have added to cart.
There is no feature to do that.

You can increase the size of the checkout button with the css class input.checkoutbutton and increase the padding there...
I'm not sure where it's at now, so you can take a look and just increase the padding and font size with css.

David

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2021 :  03:21:13  
i am sure it IS unusual for the description to be in the cart however, if you have,nt noticed my client is VERY unusual. He is from Sweden and many of the sites he purchases his products from have the description in the cart is it possible to put the description i the cart? I figured out the button problem yesterday after i replied. Again I thank you for all your help
Vince

Vincent Tumeo

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2021 :  03:44:33  
One more thing i need a code for the previous next line that will take me back to the main page of the sub category I am in e,g i am in the Linen category sub category mixed products page 6 and want to get back to the sub category page that has all the products for the mixed products let's call it master page . I have added a link several ways but always ended up on the page with all the categories. This is my first time working with a database even tho I am 74 years old I am still learning I received my Associates degree in Internet Technology in 2002 at the young age of 56. I am sure you have better things to do than answer all my questions but I am ready to go live with this project and need this one last element to make him happy. Thanks
Vince

Vincent Tumeo

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10289 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2021 :  10:26:26  
quote:
i need a code for the previous next line that will take me back to the main page of the sub category

It seems like what you are asking for is the breadcrumb that was removed, no?
The breadcrumb is there so the user can navigate back to the category....

David

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2021 :  14:36:27  
That breadcrumb took the user all the back to the category page, I need to go back to the main page of the SUB CATEGORY, I can get back to the category page without a problem. Any ideas on how to get the product description into the cart and checkout page

Vincent Tumeo

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2021 :  14:49:46  
Hi Vincent
quote:
Any ideas on how to get the product description into the cart and checkout page

That's a very strange request / idea & honestly can't see why anyone would want that once the chosen items are in the cart, just does not make sense, especially when the description would / should have already been seen prior to putting the items in the cart.

I've never seen an online shopping cart where that has ever shown nor do I think there ever will be - totally pointless.

Steve
Egerton Village, Bolton, UK

Edited by - 1818charlie on 02/26/2021 14:52:57

vtumeo

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2021 :  06:23:09  
Steve go to https://www.hemslojd.com you will see your first cart with the descrption . sorry to disappoint you.I have seen several, my client wants it not me , I do not know how to code it if you can help please do. Vince

Vincent Tumeo
Page: of 9 « Topic »  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000