Author « Topic »
Page: of 2

Guy
ECT Moderator

Canada
2490 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2022 :  07:18:17  
Hi!

I started using Google Chrome, but I can't relate a product with this browser. When clicking the button, nothing happen.

Work fine with Firefox.

Ecommerce Plus PHP v7.5.4

Thanks!

Guy

Articles Promotionnels | Promotional Products

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1874 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2022 :  15:09:41  
Having same problem with PHP v 7.4.10 with Chrome's latest update, Version 108.0.5359.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Works fine in my AVG secure browser. Have not tried any others.

Side note: Anyone receiving a "Connection Not Private" warning with any sites since Chrome's last update?

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

Guy
ECT Moderator

Canada
2490 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2022 :  16:14:15  
Hello Marshall,

I check the version and it just updated to version 108.0.5359.95 (Official Build) (64-bit).

But in my case, the related button still don't work.

Never received a "Connection Not Private" message.

Guy

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1874 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2022 :  17:15:56  
I received that message trying to connect to PayPal, and a few other reputable websites.

Marshall
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

midvalleydrifter001
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
912 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2022 :  17:56:19  
I just tried on Chrome with my two websites and all the Related tabs work correctly.

Also NO connection privacy message.

Chrome Version 108.0.5359.95 (Official Build) (64-bit)

ECT PHP v7.5.4.004

PHP Version 8.1.13

Patrick

Guy
ECT Moderator

Canada
2490 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2022 :  18:44:46  
Clearing the cache has no effect.

"REL" and "PAK" buttons don't work with Chrome. There might be other ones.

Guy

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2022 :  22:09:40  
quote:
Side note: Anyone receiving a "Connection Not Private" warning with any sites since Chrome's last update?

I am not having that issue either with Chrome Version 108.0.5359.95 (Official Build) (64-bit). But with Chrome browser also running when I head back to Firefox, my preferred browser, & the ECT forum I am showing as logged out. So I log in but immediately I am showing as not logged in.

Close Chrome, back to Firefox & the ECT forum, log in & all is fine & working as usual.

-----------------------------------------------
Steve
Manchester UK

How to update your store
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/updater_info.asp

QuickBuy, Product & Product Details Layouts
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/layouts.asp

User Manual - an easy read!
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/free_downloads.asp#usermanual

Request Updater
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/updaters.asp

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1874 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2022 :  07:22:32  
Also having same problem with ASP sites, ASP v7.4.10. And I checked the PAK button and it does not work.

This may not be relevant, but what type of device and operating system is being used? The one I am having trouble with is a PC running Windows 7. But as I said, not having this problem using any other browser on the same PC.

Marshall
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

Edited by - Marshall on 12/04/2022 07:24:29

Guy
ECT Moderator

Canada
2490 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2022 :  07:55:04  
I use Windows 10 on a Windows PC.

I will verify on an other computer that run Windows 11.

Guy

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2022 :  02:14:40  
Hi Guy
I tried here and I got the same issue. I think in the latest release of Chrome for some reason you can't have a javascript function calle "rel()", so all I've done is change the function name to "relx()" and it works again. I've added the fix to the incprods.php file in the updater.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Guy
ECT Moderator

Canada
2490 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2022 :  02:26:30  
Hello Vince,

It's working now.

Many thanks!

Guy

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1874 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2022 :  05:51:07  
Thank you Vince.

Marshall
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

pauld
Advanced Member

USA
460 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/06/2023 :  11:11:48  
Hi, on our v7.4.11, the current stability release installed on 11/11/2022, the Rel and Pak buttons on the Product Admin page don't seem to work.

What's our best way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

- Paul D.

ETA: was able to fix by downloading v7.4.11 again uploading the new version of inc\incprods.php. No reply needed.

Edited by - pauld on 01/06/2023 11:21:52

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10281 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2023 :  11:21:46  
Hi Paul, I expect you need to update to fix that.
You indicated you installed on 11/11 and Vince posted in December, so you probably need the fix, or use a different browser until you are able to update the site.

Thanks,
David

payless
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/11/2023 :  17:09:40  
Is there any way this can be fixed without having to do a full update ?
I have changed the incprods.php javascript function called "rel()", to "relx()" but this has not made any difference.

What other php files and scripts have been changed in the updater to make it work again.

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2023 :  02:00:16  
Hi Payless
Just changing all instances of rel to relx in incprods.php should make this work, but you have to change all 3 of them. If you search for...
rel(
and change that to
relx(
...it should do the trick.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10281 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2023 :  07:01:42  
What's interesting is firefox has now decided they do not like the rel() either.
I'm guessing MS Edge, being based on chromium is doing the same thing.

Changing the three instances to relx() worked for me.

David

payless
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/12/2023 :  08:07:01  
Hi Vince and David,

Thank you for your help.
Yes, I have noticed that slowly all the browsers have started not to allow the rel.
However the command rel is used in some other instances. Example below.
<link href="css/ectcart.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

I have found four lines that have needed to be changed in inc/incprods.php
I am still using Ecommerce Plus PHP v6.8.4

Line 2285 - function relx(id,relorpak){

Line 3331 - ttr.cells[4].innerHTML='<input type="button" id="relx'+pa[pidind][1]+'" value="<?php print jsescape('Rel')?>" onclick="relx(\''+pa[pidind][1]+'\',\'related\')" title="<?php print jsescape($yyRelate)?>" style="width:40px" />';

Line 3332 - ttr.cells[5].innerHTML='<input type="button" id="pak'+pa[pidind][1]+'" value="<?php print jsescape('Pak')?>" onclick="relx(\''+pa[pidind][1]+'\',\'package\')" title="<?php print 'Package'?>" style="width:40px" />';

Line - 3356 - print "\r\n" . 'function setcl(tid){document.getElementById(\'relx\'+tid).style.color=\'#F4E64B\';}' . "\r\n";

I hope this quick fix information will also help others on how want to sort this without having to do a full update.

Regards
Tom.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10281 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2023 :  09:04:46  
Hi Tom, first the rel="stylesheet" is an html tag and not the name of a function, which is the issue here.
Next, you should follow Vince's suggestion "exactly" and you will find only three instances when searching the file for rel(
Change those to relx( and you will be good to go.

Of course the correct fix is to just update the site and you'll be good to go.
The above is only if, for some reason, you cannot update.

Thanks,
David

payless
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/12/2023 :  09:46:55  
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your advice.
I did understand the rel=stylesheet was not to be changed to relx (just thought it might confuse others when doing a search for rel).
Vince did not tell me the exact areas of the scripts to change so I had to do some searching and experimenting myself.
After doing some changes to each of the lines one at a time and testing after each change, I concluded these ones needed to be changed and everything seems to work ok.

I tried to do an update first to version 7.4.12 but I have to many mods now done in the past. To fix the issues an updater created would have been to much so I decided to revert back (I had backed up my database and files) to v6.8.4 and leave my ageing site as it is while it still works in the style I have created.

If I every decide to update I will plan on doing a complete new site. It won't however be another Ecommerce templates one as it still stands. (Unless there are plans for a complete "clean" new type)
Ecommerce templates is very good and I have stayed with you for years (since 2007). However to try continuing to just update the same site over and over is now just to complicated for me. I think other people will now be thinking the same. It might not be so bad if you are starting a new site with the current updates. However the instruction manual may confuse if it still refers to older features to cover us with old sites.

I am however not a lover of new full content managed websites but it seems that's all there will be in the future. I shall still try to hold off for as long as I can.
Thanks to everyone on here for the help and advice so I can still keep mind going for a while longer.

Tom.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10281 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2023 :  09:52:47  
Hi Tom, in fairness, Vince did give you instructions just this morning in this thread.
quote:
Hi Payless
Just changing all instances of rel to relx in incprods.php should make this work, but you have to change all 3 of them. If you search for...
rel(
and change that to
relx(
...it should do the trick.

Vince

I understand your concerns, but also keep in mind that I am an ECT user just like you. I'm not an ECT staff member and not affiliated in any way with the company.
You can message Vince your concerns by clicking his user name and sending him a message. He is the developer.

Thanks,
David
Page: of 2 « Topic »  
Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000