Author « Topic »  

gilbrook
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/21/2021 :  03:09:47  
In our store, all options have a product code that needs to be added, so I am using option / alternates rather than option / values, when I go to edit an option, I'd like the form to automatically open with the option / alternates rather than have to change it manually, is this possible?

I can cope with it but it will be confusing for the client when I hand it over to them.

Michael Gilbrook

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2021 :  03:56:26  
Hi Michael
When you set up the option there is a column for "Default" so does this work if you set that for the option you want to be selected when you open the page?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

gilbrook
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/21/2021 :  07:00:23  
Thanks Vince

Not quite what I meant, I mean that when I'm editing options, I want it to open with the options / alternates screen by default, it always opens with the options / values screen.

Also, I've got stock control turned off. If the product has no options, I can add it to the cart, if I add an option, I get this message:
The following product isn't currently available in our store:

What's going on? I'm trying to use the options / alternates screen

Michael Gilbrook

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10279 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2021 :  08:09:22  
If you are using "alternates" then each option must actually be a product. Have you created products for each option?

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/product-options.asp#setting
quote:
Alt Prod ID: Version 4.9.0 saw the introduction of this feature and version 5.7.0 a complete overhaul to improve functionality. The alt prod id feature allows you to assign a unique product reference to a product option by either creating a completely new id or modifying the existing product id.

This feature can be particularly useful in combination with stock management as you are able to control the inventory of individual items such as a setting stock on long-sleeved blue shirts rather than on the generic shirt product. It also means that each product id can have its own image associated without having to list them separately on the page.

We have set up a separate help page here that gives some background and samples of how this feature can be used.

I'm not sure you can have the edit options open with the alternates view showing first, but I expect Vince can answer that.

David

gilbrook
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/21/2021 :  23:01:01  
Thanks David

I understand now, I don't really want to set up a separate product for each option, is there a way I can include the product option code (SKU for each option) so it gets sent with the order? I don't really want it in the option description.

Mike

Michael Gilbrook

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2021 :  00:43:16  
Hi Mike,

Really the alt prod ID feature is perfect for what you're trying to achieve and once the initial set up is complete you have the option to switch on stock control and add stock values to your alt prod id's as well.

You can very easily import your products from a csv file using the built in csv upload feature as described here - https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/phphelp/ecommplus/help.asp#csv

and to add your id's to your options use this add on here - http://www.dlss.ca/proddetail.asp?prod=Adv-Option-CSV

If you don't want to go down that route why not add the product ID to the option names, for example let's say your option names are red. white and blue you could do the following:

red - r001
white - w001
blue - b001

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

Edited by - Phil on 06/22/2021 00:47:07
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000