Ecommerce Templates > Newsletter > July 2013
Ecommerce Templates Newsletter July 2013
Welcome to the July 2013 Ecommerce Templates newsletter
Welcome to the July edition of the Ecommerce Templates Newsletter where we announce the beta release of Version 6.3.
Version 6.3 (beta)
This week saw the release of Version 6.3 (beta). Although we are releasing this initially as a beta version, it has been thoroughly tested and initial feedback has been very positive. It’s packed full of goodies based on feedback received from ECT users.
Here’s an overview of the great new additions available…
Control panel redesign with tablet friendly pages and responsive dashboard
With the new responsive dashboard you can comfortably view your stats on your home computer, tablet or smartphone. We have added some new stats including order stats, top sellers and top customers. The stats will refresh automatically with the title bar changing color (to green) when a new order, rating, login etc comes in
We have moved the main menu to the top of the page and switched to a drop down. This gives you greater screen space to view the orders, products etc. All other control panel pages are optimized so they look great on your PC / Mac, good on tablets and many will perform very well on smartphones too. … view screenshots
This has been one of our most popular requests in recent times – adding to cart you’ll get a pop-up / lightbox effect with a summary of the cart. It’s completely div based so the screen is simple to style through the css file…read more
Revamped cart page
We have given the cart page a complete overhaul. The select field is now replaced by a trash icon, the coupon / discount field is available on the first cart screen, there is an optional message “You’re only $xx from free shipping” along with new css classes and more responsive design friendly layouts We have also added new language entries so you can optionally show the checkout steps above the cart in text or graphic format…read more
More responsive design friendly features
Apart from the changes to the cart page, we’ve reworked the client login page, splitting the features up into sections with a drop down menu that looks great on all devices. We have also worked on the search page so that it shows perfectly when a mobile device is detected. The header class is also carried across from the cart page to get a great consistent look across the stores pages.
“You save” feature
The difference between the list price and actual price can now be shown separately so you can highlight savings on your store. You can style the format through the css and language files so it fits perfectly into your store layout.
More new additions
- A new tax setting - showtaxinclusive=3 - where the tax is already assumed to be included in the product price
- Alternate product id's now refer back to original product id so review links now work for these products
- You can now set percentage discounts / increments per shipping carrier with the parameters ... discountshippingups discountshippingusps etc
- Magic Toolbox effects on products page and images changing depending on the option chosen
- Rich snippets / Structured Data for products
- 3 extra custom product fields for the detail page
- Include the short description on the product detail page
- 2 extra custom client login fields
- Canada Post users can now register through the store control panel itself - as such if you are using Canada Post on your store, you will need to re-register.
Read about all the new features and feel free to provide your feedback on our 6.3 forum thread
Updaters as always are available from our updaters page - it doesn't matter which version you are currently running, you can always update to the latest and greatest without going through all previous versions first.